HEAP, the Home Energy Assistance Program, is a popular program that helps families with their heating bills each winter. Our office is now processing HEAP applications.
Here’s what you need to apply:
1) Proof of income, wages, including rental income, Social Security, or support letter for the past two months
2) Rent, mortgage or real estate tax papers
3) Birth certificates (or Passports) and social security cards for family members.
May need Marriage License.
4) Fuel or utility bills (if emergency bring the shut off notices)
5) Proof of Citizenship (Citizenship paper).
6) All parents must have picture ID. (Children over 18 and working need picture id and income proof.)
7) Letter for child 18 and over that he/she is in school.
The HEAP program has already started in NYC. If you wish to apply earlier, you may go to the HEAP office at MetroTech downtown Brooklyn at 1 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201 .
(Take # 2 or 3 Train to Court St. or 4 or 5 to Borough Hall.)
Our staff can also help you apply for the Neighborhood Fuel Fund for additional fuel assistance.
For more info or to schedule an appointment contact:
718 778 8808 ext.7730.
Bikur Cholim of Crown Heights
Beth Din of Crown Heigths